Born on the Isle of Skye, Scotland, raised in…
Nope. That’s the boring version.
I’ll be brief. Of note:
- I have worked in everything from house construction to admin. A diverse background lends itself to a balanced approach to life.
I’m lucky to have a formidable palette of experiences to draw from when it comes to creating and in understanding human behaviour, with a very global outlook inspired by many cultures.
- Travelled the world with my family, a feat ultimately recognised by the 1998 Guinness Book of World Records.
- Studied Psychology with Film & Media (Hons) at the University of Stirling and followed that up with an MSc in Applied Psychology at Heriot-Watt University. In essence, I can’t read minds, but I do understand what makes people tick.
- I started lionaroundwriting six years ago, a website of creative outpourings from six word stories to normal length stories, articles, pop culture, and miscellany.
- Currently learning and refining my abilities in GIMP and Inkscape (graphic design and image manipulation softwares).
- I don’t know anyone interesting that doesn’t have any passions outside their career or a way to live. I like to get involved in writing (of course), reading, comedy, stand-up, coaching, gym, running, hiking, psychology, philosophy, cat hunting and watching the world defy logic.
Nothing is original
Once free of the notion that creativity should be 100% original – an oxymoron in itself – it removes the handcuffs of the mind to create without fear